A Recent Convert from Bento with some Questions

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms A Recent Convert from Bento with some Questions

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

John Mosbarger
    Participant

Greetings,

I finally imported my Bento libraries into Tap Forms. So far everything seemed to work well. The issue I may have is adding new records with linked images. The images that were imported appear to have random file names that don’t match the original names at all. Bento’s Option/Drag was very convenient to link images rather than embed them. My database is 523mb now, and some libraries do not yet have images. Attached is a screen capture of the digital image library.

I haven’t been able to wrap my head around linking new images, so that is essentially my main question. Also, the lack of a copy & paste could possibly slow the adding process considerably.

As you can obviously tell, I’m essentially a putz with databases!

Thanks very much.

Regards,
    John

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 13, 2015 at 11:29 PM #15211

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Welcome to Tap Forms!

The file names are generated as random globally unique strings. I did this to make sure that if you had two images generated on two different devices that you wouldn’t accidentally clobber the other image on the other device if they happened to have the same file name.

You can copy data from the multi-column list view. I’m working on paste. But you can also drag down on the yellow grab handle on a cell to duplicate the data in that cell down to other records.

The

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.