5.3 update

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author

Tim Flick
    Participant

Will this update include an ability to search found records in multi list view?

Thanks Tim

June 15, 2018 at 9:41 AM #29090

Brendan
    Keymaster

I haven’t worked on that. Sorry.

June 15, 2018 at 7:08 PM #29105

Brendan
    Keymaster

I worked on it today. So yes, it’ll be in the next update.

June 16, 2018 at 2:10 PM #29131

Tim Flick
    Participant

THANKS MUCH. Tim

June 16, 2018 at 6:02 PM #29135

Allan Honey
    Participant

Another feature request –

I’ve just been rearranging my databases to use the ‘radio’ and ‘checkbox’ buttons feature of pick lists.

But in the process of moving the new fields around in ‘Layout’ mode I’ve inadvertently activated some of the buttons.

Is there a easier way to ‘unclick’ than going to ‘multi-column list view’ and deleting the cell??

But my request really is – can you make so the fields inactive when in ‘layout mode’?

– Allan

June 16, 2018 at 9:54 PM #29148

Brendan
    Keymaster

When you’re in edit mode, the buttons are disabled. See attachment.

For checkboxes of course you can just un-check them, but for radio buttons there isn’t a way right now. I guess I should add a feature to set the value to empty if you select the same value that’s already selected.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 16, 2018 at 9:59 PM #29150

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah yes, I see, when you drag out a Radio Button Pick List the items are active. They shouldn’t be initially. I’ll fix that.

June 16, 2018 at 10:40 PM #29151

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, these issues are fixed. Also with the Radio button when you click on a value that’s already set, Tap Forms will now clear out the field’s value and the radio button’s dot.

June 17, 2018 at 2:14 AM #29154

Allan Honey
    Participant

I’m on a roll!

Another thing I’ve just noticed. On my layouts with ‘check mark’ data, I have always put the ‘label’ then the ‘check box’.

Using the Pick Lists – the order is the opposite – ‘check box’ THEN ‘label’

My 59 year old brain is not coping with the change at all well, i.e. I’m click the wrong boxes. Is there a possibility of being to select which side the text appears??

– Allan

June 17, 2018 at 9:57 PM #29172

Brendan
    Keymaster

Allan, I’m working on a solution to your checkbox request.

June 24, 2018 at 6:35 AM #29537

Tim Flick
    Participant

Any idea when 5.3 will drop? Thanks

June 24, 2018 at 3:36 PM #29546

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

Not sure yet. Still in beta testing and working on new features. I do a bunch of work on the Mac version to add a new feature and I also then have to do a bunch of work on iOS to add the same feature there. So that’s what I’m doing now, adding some features to the iOS version. Plus getting feedback from my beta testers on what’s good and what’s not good. So that all takes time.

Thanks!

Brendan

June 24, 2018 at 6:30 PM #29551

Tim Flick
    Participant

thanks much look forward to update

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.