3.0.1 – TapForms.app is damaged and can't be opened.

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms 3.0.1 – TapForms.app is damaged and can't be opened.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

rleathen
    Participant

I just installed the latest update to TapForm (3.0.1) on my mac running OSX Yosemite 10.10.1.

The update appeared to be successful and yet when I try to open the TapForms app on my mac I am presented with a dialog box saying:

“Tap Forms.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. Delete “Tap Forms.app” and download it again from the App Store.

I would prefer not to have to re-download the app (and shoudln’t have to after an update!!) and resync everything from the cloud (which is not in itself an easy process to get the mac and 2 iphones in sync).

Please advise of this is a known bug with the release and a fix to be released i n the near future or if this is a new bug.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

November 28, 2014 at 1:36 PM #12011

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

This isn’t from any fault of Tap Forms. This is a bad download from the Mac App Store. You will need to re-download it from the Mac App Store.

However, before you delete it (because you can’t re-install it if you don’t delete it first) you should make a backup of your database just in case. Although I’m pretty sure if you just delete the app from the Applications folder and empty the trash, it won’t actually delete your database files.

Tap Forms stores the database file and other files in this folder:

~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac

It’s in your user’s home Library folder. That’s what the ~ character means.

Just make a backup of that (or run a Time Machine backup if you have that). Just in case and to be on the safe side.

Then delete Tap Forms from the Applications folder, then go to the Purchases area and click on the INSTALL button next to Tap Forms in the Mac App Store app.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 28, 2014 at 1:58 PM #12017

rleathen
    Participant

Brendan thanks for your suggestion. What I actually did was go back into the app store and low and behold it showed that TapForms was awaiting an update (even though I had updated it causing the reported problem). I selected the update app store button and let it do its thing. It updated TapForms and now all is good without having to delete it and reinstall it.

Kinda scares me that I could get a bad download from the app store !!

Thanks again.

Rob

November 28, 2014 at 5:22 PM #12020

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Oh that’s great to hear. Ya, it’s weird but sometimes people get bad downloads from the Mac App Store. Something buggers up during the download and/or install process and gets you into that situation. I’m glad you were able to resolve it so easily. Other users have had much more difficult times getting a good download when this happens. Even Apple has chinks in the armour from time to time.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.