169 record csv file imports into 61 record file. Help ?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms 169 record csv file imports into 61 record file. Help ?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Tony Bojorquez
    Participant

Hi. New user. I have a basic 9 field dataset that i saved as an csv file from my windows machine to dropbox. i imported it into a form and ale straight imported it and it only comes over as 61 records consistently. if i choose ‘View File’ after bringing in file from dropbox it will show all the files. but will only import 61.

Am i missing something ? is there a reason that would make the import stop at a certain record. I am only using text and number fields in the import. I have added fields in the template though (notes/photo etc), but i don’t think that would be the cause for this issue.

Thanks for any help !

tony

May 8, 2014 at 1:16 AM #10068

divinenanny
    Participant

Check the encoding of your file, changing that solved a similar problem for me.

May 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM #10081

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

DivineNanny is correct. The file encoding should match in the Import & Export settings in Tap Forms with the actual file encoding of your file. A good rule of thumb is that if you’re using Windows to generate the CSV file, you should set the file encoding to Windows Latin 1. If you’re using Mac, then Mac OS Roman or UTF-8 is ideal. But it really all depends on the actual encoding of the file.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.