“where” clause on table-derived pick list

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms “where” clause on table-derived pick list

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Mary Stamper
    Participant

When using values from an existing table for a pick list, is it possible to use only values where some column has a specified value

Table A

Columns C1 C2

Data:

C1 C2

T1 abc

T1 def

T2 ghi

T2 ijk

T3 lmm

Picklist from Table A

Display column C2

Use only rows where C1 = T1

Resultant List:

abc

def

• This topic was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Brendan.
    September 20, 2023 at 11:19 PM #49892

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

No, that’s not a feature that Tap Forms has. I believe you’re the first one in 15 years to have requested that feature.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 20, 2023 at 11:20 PM #49894

Brendan
    Keymaster

Also, hope you don’t mind, but I moved this thread to the Using Tap Forms forum instead of the Script Talk forum where you posted it. It’s not about the scripting feature.

September 21, 2023 at 4:46 AM #49899

Mary Stamper
    Participant

ha ha, not surprising. I tend to think more generally…..I have a data base of vocabulary words. Just 1 table. I choose a general part of speech (verb, noun, adjective, etc) and then one or more subtypes which are dependent upon the part of speech. For a verb, that could be transitive, intransitive, reflexive and a few more. So it is a dependent picklist. Not sure if scripting could be used to populate the dependent picklist based upon the value in the part-of-speech field. I’m relatively new to Tapforms, and I must say that I’m impressed with what you’ve accomplished. I’m not new to databases however, been doing Oracle for 30 years on my jobs.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 4 weeks ago by Mary Stamper.
Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.