Video Library Template

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Donna62
    Participant

I created the attached template from my video library database. I’ve left a few items in it to show how it works. The database was created to let me track all the video files I have purchased, in their various formats, because getting a simple list of videos purchased from the various providers (Amazon Prime, Apple, Movies Anywhere, DVDs, Blu-Rays, etc.) was basically impossible. This lets me track the videos owned, their formats, the actors, the directors, the series, and even the episodes. It also allows me to track if streaming is available for DVDs or Blu-Rays purchased. For series that have more than five seasons, I admit I break down the “Series” information in five-year groups. So for a series such as NCIS (which has the most seasons I can think of at the moment), there would be Series names like “NCIS: Seasons 1-5,” “NCIS: Seasons 6-10,” etc., with the episodes assigned to those seasons. This avoids having lists of episodes with several hundreds of episodes linked to a single series.

At this point, my database has more than 1,200 actors, hundreds of directors, more than a hundred series, and more than 5,000 episodes in it. It is easiest to use on a computer, but my husband also finds it very useful on his iPad.

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 8, 2024 at 7:32 PM #50780

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Donna,

This is great!

Do you mind if I include this in a new Tap Forms Template Library I’m building?

Thanks!

Brendan

June 9, 2024 at 3:58 PM #50781

Donna62
    Participant

Yes, you can use the template in your library so long as it remains a separate document. I do not think it would work well to combine it with other forms in a combined document like the sample files included with the software.

June 9, 2024 at 8:26 PM #50782

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well the way the library will work is when the user installs the main form, all the other forms will come along with it. So it will be up to the user to decide if they want it in a new document or in the existing document with their other forms. But it should work either way. I do understand due to the number of forms in the archive that it would be best as its own document though. It’s just not something I’ll be controlling with the new template library.

Thanks for your permission.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.