Using Passport Information Forms

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

higherdrive
    Participant

I am having problems with the Passport Information Forms. I want to use them to keep track of my family’s passport details.

Problem 1

I select Passport Information, then select << + >> to add a new record.

If I tap on << Passport Owner >> field I get thrown out of application.

But if I tap on << Passport Number>> I get a new record to update. After I update this field, I end up with a record with Passport Owner as blank but with my updated passport number

Problem 2

Having created my new record, I can now attempt to update the << Passport Owner >> field. If I tap this, I get 3 options – Create New Contact, Select Existing Contact, or Cancel.

If I select an existing Contact, I get to choose from my list of contacts. Unfortunately I do not use my full passport name as my contact name. It seems I need to modify my existing Contact name field or set up a clone with the full passport name.

What I would like would be a link to existing Contact records, using the information of that record but with the ability to get at the full Passport name.

Hopefully you can resolve these issues for me.

May 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM #4089

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Higherdrive,

I see there’s a problem when selecting a contact as the first operation on a new record. The workaround is exactly what you suggested. Just fill in a different field first, then save, and then select the contact. I will get this fixed. I must have introduced that bug when I added the “Remove Contact” function to that menu.

For your problem 2, you could simply add a new Text field type that stores your passport name instead of using a contact record. You have complete control over what information you store in any of the built-in forms. Change it to meet your needs.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 12, 2010 at 11:45 AM #4090

higherdrive
    Participant

Thanks Brendan,

I am happy with workaround for Problem 1, knowing it will be fixed.

Looking at Problem 2 – I am ok with adding a new field for ‘full passport name’ but is there any way of reordering fields within a record? Or do I have to delete fields and replace them in ‘new’ order and then repopulate the fields with data?

May 12, 2010 at 3:34 PM #4091

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Higherdrive,

I’ve fixed the Contact bug now. It will be available when I do the next deploy of Tap Forms.

In the mean time, to re-order the fields, simply go to the Edit Form screen for your Passport Information form and drag the fields up and down. You need to tap on the grab handle (the 3 horizontal bars) on the right, pause with your finger down for a split second, then drag up and down.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.