Using External Keyboard to Enter New Records

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Using External Keyboard to Enter New Records

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

ziggy
    Participant

This issue is related to entering new records using the apple wireless keyboard and how a form with the Notes field functions. The record contains 8 fields the last one being Notes. When adding a new record – as soon as I activate the first field to start entering data the word Notes disappears from the screen. If I need to enter data in that field I need to close the form, reopen it and then select the Notes field to enter the data.

There are a couple of exceptions. The first one – the next to last field is Phone#. When I tab into that field the onscreen keypad comes up. I can still enter the number via the wireless keyboard. The next to last field is Phone#. If I enter data and then tab out of that field the onscreen keyboard closes and the cursor goes to the first field in the record. However, the word Notes does not appear on the screen, but if I tap on the faint line that divides the last two fields the notepad will open. I can enter data and save it but nothing is visible in the record. The data in Notes will only appear when I exit and reopen that record.

The second exception – If I do not tab out the phone field but instead close the onscreen keep pad manually then Notes reappears on the form and I can select it and get the notepad – everything works as expected from that point forward.

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.