Use of Contacts Field Type

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Gary Ownsby
    Participant

Hello All,

On my Mac: Perhaps I’m doing this incorrectly but when I make a form and use “Contact” as the type of a field and select the desired Contact (person). It displays what I want. However…

On my iPhone: After Tap Forms syncs, the Contact (person) that I selected does NOT show up.

My Contacts are automatically synched between my Apple devices so why do I not see what I selected on the Mac…on my iPhone within the Tap Form?

Thank you.

Gary

January 9, 2018 at 12:59 PM #26917

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

What version of macOS and iOS are you using?

It should be the same contact.

What happens if you select the correct contact on the iPhone? What happens on the Mac version after it syncs I mean. Does it still show the correct contact or does it choose a different one?

Could it be the first and last names are the same, but they’re different contacts?

January 10, 2018 at 4:51 AM #26934

Gary Ownsby
    Participant

Brendan, Thank you again for being so responsive.

I think the problem came about as I had switched from Cloudant to iCloud for sync about the time I attempted to use the Contact-type field. Once things got synched and stabilized, the contact information appears to be consistent between my iPhone and my Mac. I had seen an old post somewhere that Apple “contacts” might have different record identifiers from device to device and therefore that could cause a mismatch and not display the correct contact. Apparently, that is not a problem now.

Tap Form is a great tool for organizing information in a structured way! Love it!

Thank you.

Gary

January 10, 2018 at 2:20 PM #26939

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

Excellent! I’m glad the problem is resolved now.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.