Use case – Tap Forms to Generate Test

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

john underwood
    Participant

I would like to use tap forms to create a bank of questions and answers. Each question would be one of 6 different types of questions. I would then like to build a report that puts together tests of 20 questions randomly but based on percentages. So 5 of type A, 4 of type B, 6 of type C and so on. It would be ideal if the reports could then be shared out and viewed on iPads for the test proctor to user. The test are administered to students as oral examinations.

Example:

Chapter:Section:Type:Question:Answer report format would be:

9:1 A What color was Washington’s White Horse?
    White

9:2 T Who is inside Grant’s tomb?
    Grant

Is Tap Forms suitable for this type of application?

November 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM #7677

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

It sounds like you need more of a survey type application. I’m not sure Tap Forms is suited for this. Tap Forms is great at creating forms and letting people fill the forms in with data. But to be able to have a system to put together random sets of questions for you is out of scope of Tap Forms. You can certainly share any forms you create with other Tap Forms users, but I’m not sure it’s a perfect match for what you need. But I could be wrong about that.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 15, 2015 at 7:50 AM #13708

Ken Beck
    Participant

I am new to Tap Forms, seeking a replacement for functions of Adobe Forms Central and iBiz (both now defunct).

Along the same lines, regarding “creating forms and letting people fill the forms in with data,” can I distribute or share a form, allow someone without TF to complete the form, and then integrate that submitter’s data into my data set?

I am thinking here of an “order form” from which data would then be used in planning work on projects and in invoices.

May 15, 2015 at 9:30 AM #13712

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

Tap Forms would be required to let them fill in the form, but you can share a form template with anyone who owns Tap Forms. Tap Forms will generate a .tff file when you select the “Email Form” (iOS) or “Export Form Template” (Mac) function. The recipient can then import the .tff file into their own copy of Tap Forms and begin filling it out.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 15, 2015 at 1:47 PM #13716

Ken Beck
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.
    Just checking.

Ken

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.