Upgrade to version 5 – Pick list import?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Upgrade to version 5 – Pick list import?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

guylaine
    Participant

Question says it all: is it possible to import the pick lists from version 3 to version 5?

I’ve successfully upgraded to version 5, imported my database, with most of the stuff intact. However, all my pick lists are empty. I can see the pick list in Preferences, but they contain no items.

The records contain the item previously chosen in the pick list, but I cannot change it, or choose an item for a new record because all my custom pick lists are empty…

Any idea besides recreating all my pick lists from scratch?

Thanks!

August 18, 2017 at 8:51 PM #24063

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… did you use the Migrate function to migrate your database? Because that should also include all of the Pick Lists as well as all the data.

But if you exported your data using CSV files and then imported into Tap Forms 5, then that wouldn’t import the Pick Lists.

If you have everything already, but you want to import just the Pick Lists, you can actually export a form template file (.tff) and then import that into Tap Forms 5. That’ll import all the Pick Lists associated with fields in that form.

But the best way to migrate your database is to make a backup file in the old version, then use the Migrate function in Tap Forms 5.

August 19, 2017 at 12:12 PM #24067

guylaine
    Participant

Yep, I used the Migrate function. The lists are there, but they’re empty.
    Your trick worked to just import the pick lists, but I had to relink each field to the correct list… So I just re-migrated the backup file, and this time everything was there. Weird…
    Anyways, thanks for your help!
    Guylaine

August 19, 2017 at 9:13 PM #24077

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guylaine,

Ya, I’m not sure why it didn’t work for you the first time.

But I’m glad it worked the second time.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.