Update needs IOS 8?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    I saw this in your blog. Also saw you will still be supporting Mavericks. So…
    Will the IOS device use iCloud or iCloud Drive ( its not the same thing? right!) so that it continues to sync with Mavericks?
    I guess you will be posting a help sticky of some sort when the v3 comes out.
    Cheers
    tony
    PS +1 for batch editing!

September 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM #10760

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

iCloud Drive currently requires iOS 8 and Yosemite. The next update for Tap Forms for iOS will require iOS 8. So currently for sync to work you’ll also have to have Yosemite. I don’t know what will happen when Apple finally releases Yosemite and iOS 8. Perhaps they’ll release an iCloud Drive update for Mavericks, but I doubt it.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 8, 2014 at 10:32 AM #10768

tonyt
    Participant

So will have to wait for Yosemite 10.10.0 before upgrading to IOS 8 in order for sync to continue working? I think that’s right!
    Cheers?
    Also will not be able to upgrade to Yosemite until all my other programs are Yosemite proof so not able to upgrade to IOS 8 or TForms 3 straight away. Could be a strange few months!!!

September 9, 2014 at 1:49 AM #10775

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes Tony, you are correct. Unless Apple provides some way of syncing between iOS 8 and Mavericks. But I doubt it because Documents & Data, which Tap Forms uses currently, is being upgraded to iCloud Drive. iCloud Drive is built on top of CloudKit which is a new technology only in iOS 8 and Yosemite.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 9, 2014 at 3:59 AM #10776

tonyt
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, at least I know and all is clear!
    Cheers
    tony

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.