Unable to restore Backup. Tapform Deletes Form

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Unable to restore Backup. Tapform Deletes Form

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jade Falcon
    Participant

I primarily use Tap forms on my Mac & iPhone.

I’d been using it fine through this afternoon on my iPhone app.
    This evening on my Mac, I found that one of my Forms (“Tea Inventory”) was no longer available. I thought I might have accidentally deleted it.

I tried to see if I could recover deleted items, but it was not there.
    I tried to restore a previous backup from 3 weeks ago.

What happened:
    1) CLICK restore, selecting the latest backup..
    2) Wait. Do not see a restored form.
    3) Restart Tap Forms (sometimes 2x) to see it.
    2) As I watch, it renames my “Tea Inventory” to “New Form”, then promptly removes it from the Category.

I’ve repeated this action 2x.
    Restore. Restart. Watch the form get removed from the category w/o any intervention from me.

?!?!?!?!! Help?
    Unfortunately, these are rather large files, so can’t upload.

(Edited to add: I did a short QuickTime mov so you can see what I’m seeing….

April 14, 2021 at 11:54 PM #44161

Jade Falcon
    Participant

Forgot to add version:
    Tap Form 5; Version 5.3.18 Build 1854

April 14, 2021 at 11:58 PM #44162

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Which sync system are you using?

April 15, 2021 at 12:16 AM #44163

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jade,

It does sound like those changes made to the form have been synced to your sync service. So when you restore, it’s replaying the updates synced since the last time you backed up.

One solution would be to turn off your network temporarily so sync can’t happen. Then restore your backup. Then export your form as a Tap Forms Archive. Then re-enable your network/wifi. After the database syncs again and the form disappears, re-import the Tap Forms Archive file. That should fix it.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 17, 2021 at 10:26 PM #44195

Jade Falcon
    Participant

Hi! Sorry for the late response.

I have iCloud as my sync.

I managed to get the backup to be restored after turning off the wifi per the instructions. However, at that point, the mobile device wouldn’t sync with my Mac version. :-(

I had to send the whole DB back to my device, which seems to have resolved it.

Thank you for the help! It is much appreciated. I use. this app regularly for a variety of purposes.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.