Thanks and Encouragement!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Peter von L.
    Participant

Dear Brendan,

Thank you so much for the new version of Tap Forms. Version 2.0 is a huge step forward compared to 1.5. As I am also a disappointed Bento-user, I therefore bought Tap Forms one week ago. I have been using Bento mainly for my personal Encyclopaedia database containing a growing 93400+ records so far (each record holds 26 only text fields). I am aware that this is quite a big challenge for Tap Forms to master and unfortunately it is also too much for Tap Forms at this moment to handle this amount of data. Just to import the Bento Template took around 24 hours. I use a MacBook Pro early 2011, 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM with Mac OS X v10.9.1 installed.

Nevertheless I am glad, I could swap to use an application that will grow in time. I would like to encourage you to further improve Tap Forms, so all users will surely benefit from it in the future. Keep up the good work, Brendan!

Peter von L.

<><

December 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM #8337

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement.

Wow, ya 93,400+ records is quite a haul for Tap Forms to handle. The database structure just hasn’t been optimized for storing that much data. But that’s something I have on my to-do list to work on. It will be a big change to the foundation work and will probably take 6 months of time to get it right. But I’ll get there.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.