TF is fragile on NearSync-ed, encrypted databases on IOS

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms TF is fragile on NearSync-ed, encrypted databases on IOS

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Ivan Herman
    Participant

Brandon,

following your advice in one of your answers, I experimented with NearSync. All in all, it works, thanks for this.

However, I did meet some issues; the problem is that it is very difficult to put the finger to it when exactly it manifests itself. I converted one of my previous (encrypted) databases into a NearSync-d database. What I do experience is that, in some cases, TF crashes on IOS while handling that database. Eg, just a few minutes ago, I had a database open on my iPhone, I then opened up the same database on my iPad but, while typing in the password to open the database it suddenly crashed on the iPad. I had similar issues when I closed the NearSync-d database (ie, switched to another one) on the iPad: TF crashed.

I have the impression that the data is not compromised; after restarting the program I an open the database, it does Syncs properly, ie, everything works. At this point this is just an annoying thing. But annoying it is. Note that I have never experienced any problems with IBM synced databases; the program was always perfectly stable. Oh and I did not experience anything similar with TF on my Macbook.

I do realize that this is vague, and I am happy to do some more systematic test if you tell me what do to…

Cheers

Ivan

P.S. iPhone 6 and iPad Mini 3, both with the latest release of IOS

Viewing 0 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.