Tap Forms for Mac v2.1

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Alan Wong
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for bringing the “inverse relationship” option.

I think I caught a couple of bugs in Tap Forms for Mac v2.1.

– I use both U.S. English and Cangjie Chinese input. I can’t type or switch to Chinese when I am in a text field in the form view. (Ironically, I can still type Chinese in a Number field.) I have to do it in the tabular/list view.

– After clicking “Add a new linked record”, the top tabular/list view still shows the parent form’s field names. The list actually holds the child form’s data. Just that the field names are not refreshed.

Alan

February 21, 2014 at 2:54 AM #9123

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Alan,

1. When you say the form view, do you mean the default layout or a custom layout? I haven’t tested typing in Chinese on my Mac before.

2. I see that. Strange. I know it was working before, but somehow it’s not. I’ll get that fixed.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 21, 2014 at 2:57 AM #9124

Alan Wong
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply. To answer your question, I meant the default layout.

Alan

February 21, 2014 at 3:14 AM #9125

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Alan,

Ok, I’ve fixed the table heading bug where it didn’t change the field titles.

I think the issue with the Cangjie keyboard menu item being disabled is due to the fact that Text fields are now a special case of the NSSecureTextField control. I changed that recently to support masked fields on the Mac. But I didn’t know about this unintended consequence.

If you go to a password field on a webpage in Safari, are you able to switch keyboards there? I just tried that with my bank’s website and it won’t let me switch to the Cangjie keyboard either. I’m guessing this is some strange OS X behaviour for secure entry fields. Does that mean you are unable to use Cangjie characters for passwords?

Thanks,

Brendan

February 21, 2014 at 3:18 AM #9126

Alan Wong
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

No, I can’t switch keyboards in a password field in Safari, so yes I think we can’t use Cangjie characters for passwords.

Alan

February 21, 2014 at 3:42 AM #9127

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I’m going to have to figure out some solution for this. I needed to use the NSSecureTextField to support the masked field function. But it seems the system hijacks that and disables the alternate keyboards.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.