Tap Forms and Dropbox on the mac

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

dan
    Participant

I see that Tap Forms for iOS supports dropbox integration such as link/attach files to forms but does Tap Forms on the mac also support this. Could I link/attach to a dropbox file through the mac app? I would be using same dropbox account on both my iPhone and Mac so is this possible at the moment?

Thanks

November 12, 2012 at 6:36 PM #5534

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Tap Forms doesn’t directly link to your files in Dropbox. You can access them and download them to Tap Forms. But from there, Tap Forms simply references the files wherever they get downloaded to. On Tap Forms for Mac, it wasn’t necessary to integrate Dropbox because you can easily access your Dropbox files just as you can any file on your Mac.

The difference with the Mac version of Tap Forms is because since you have access to your full file system, I wanted whatever file you link to be available on your iOS devices too if you have iCloud sync enabled. So what I do is copy the file into an Attachments folder when you select a file on your Mac. That folder gets synced with your iOS devices using iCloud. So when your data is synced from your Mac up to iCloud and then down to your iOS devices, they will have access to those files too.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.