Table Help

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

cardcrimson
    Participant

Hi,

Just downloaded the demo and really like it. Quick question, I’m trying to build a table within a custom form. For example, I have four rows and four columns. I want the fields to vary by row, but have the same title (color in my case) for each column. However, when I type a color into the top row, the fields for all four rows automatically fill with that color. Is there a way to unlink them, or do I need a field for each place in the table?

Thanks!

Steve

October 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM #11118

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

I’m assuming you’re referring to a Link to Form field that you’re placing in a custom layout? If so, then there’s no way to control the field titles and rows within it. But you can change the font for the entire list.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM #11119

cardcrimson
    Participant

Brendan,

Thanks for the response. Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish:

Mineral Shortwave Midwave Longwave Natural

XXX Red Blue None White
    YYY Orange None None Brown
    ZZZ Green Green Blue Tan

Where the color fields are simply Shortwave Color, Midwave Color, etc. and can later be searched for a particular color.

Sorry I’m such a beginner at this and don’t really know the jargon.

Thanks for the help!

Steve

October 16, 2014 at 10:40 PM #11122

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Steve,

If you have separate fields for all of these values then you can assign different colours and fonts to everything, but if it’s a Link to Form field that displays a table of linked records, then you don’t have individual control over the different fields in that particular view.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.