Syncing

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

charityjf
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been trying to get syncing to work for a good couple of hours with no luck. I’ve read quite a bit about how to do it; so far nothing I’ve tried has worked; I’ve not even been able to get my phone & my Mac to ‘see’ each other. After what I’ve read, I’m now just quite confused about a few things.

FYI, I have a Macbook Pro retina running 10.10.4, and an iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 8.4.

Firstly, should I be using iCloud’s ‘Documents and Data’, or should I enable iCloud Drive? That’s the only thing I’ve not done yet.

Also, although I have both the iOS version & the Mac version, it’s only the Mac version that I have proper data in right now. I’ve only really used the iOS version to try it out, so I don’t need any of the data in that to sync. What I want is for the data on my Mac to go over to my iPhone on the first sync, then for them to sync to each other in both directions after that. Does this change what I should do in any way?

It’s also very confusing as to what order you do what. Setting a password on each device, possibly uninstalling and reinstalling the iOS version, re-booting etc… I’m getting a bit frustrated with it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Charity

July 31, 2015 at 12:54 PM #14365

charityjf
    Participant

BTW, I don’t have a big database, as I’ve not been using it long. It’s currently 3.2 MB, in case that info’s relevant.

July 31, 2015 at 6:57 PM #14368

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Charity,

You will need to enable iCloud Drive for both Mac and iOS. So if you don’t have it turned on for one or more of your devices then that’s definitely going to make it not work.

Once you have iCloud Drive turned on on both your devices and both devices can see each other, press the upload to cloud button on your Mac and launch Tap Forms on your iPhone. Wait for your iPhone to auto-sync. As long as each device can see each other and sync is enabled on each, it should work.

But sometimes devices can’t see each other and rebooting them seems to fix that.

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.