Syncing to nearby devices

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Ron Lowe
    Participant

How can I sync to nearby devices? I have tried everything. All 3 devices, MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone 6S Plus are all on the same network, same file open on all 3 devices.
    My iPad can see the iPhone and my iPhone can see my iPad, Neither can see my MacBook and my MacBook can not see either iPad or iPhone! Yes I have watched the video 3 times now! Yes I have looked at the online manual.
    Any suggestions? Thanks

August 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM #18360

Tyson Schoeber
    Participant

I am having the same problem. I have repeatedly tried sending documents on one iMac to another iMac in another room. The programs seem to see each other and the second machine asks if it is okay to install the new forms but I cannot seem get that data to move through the network.

August 9, 2016 at 10:13 PM #18388

John Catalano
    Participant

“The programs seem to see each other and the second machine asks if it is okay to install the new forms but I cannot seem get that data to move through the network. ”

I had the same issue, but I’m guessing it’s because the problem Mac/iPad is running beta OS versions. My El Capitan Mac and my iOS 9.3.x iPhone work just fine (though it did take some doing to make it finally work).

August 9, 2016 at 10:38 PM #18390

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can also just use AirDrop or regular File Sharing on OS X to transfer the files over if you’re having troubles. The OS X betas and iOS 10 betas do seem to have troubles with the new sharing function. But today when I tried iOS beta 5 it worked, but in beta 4 it didn’t.

August 10, 2016 at 1:53 PM #18418

Tyson Schoeber
    Participant

Both of the Macs I was trying to connect with TF5 are running El Capitan 10.11.6 — the latest public version, not a beta.

As it is, I followed Brenden’s advice and was able to move the files from one machine to another using AirDrop. Finding where to install the files took a bit of time, so I’d like to see the “Restore” function returned to TF5. I used them Backup and Restore all the time in 3.5 because I could never get Dropbox or iCloud to sync properly.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.