Syncing Tap Forms Without iCloud Drive?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

John Fineberg
    Participant

I have Tap Forms 3.0.2 on my Mac (Yosemite OS 10.10.1), and have yet to purchase and install the app for my iPhone (iOS 8.1.1). Before purchasing, I’d like to know the exact steps to uploading my Mac TF database to iCloud. In my lengthy searches of your website and elsewhere on the Web, all of the directions I can see seem to be for iCloud, per se. But when I try to follow those outdated directions, I get a message saying that I have to turn on iCloud Drive, too. I’m not positive that I want to activate iCloud Drive, as it’s a one-way street (once you do it, you can’t go back, even if you don’t like it). So is there no longer a way to sync Tap Forms through normal iCloud (or something as simple as WiFi)?

December 12, 2014 at 3:24 AM #12275

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

iCloud Drive isn’t really much different than the old Documents & Data sync system. The only reason why you might not want to enable iCloud Drive is because you may have an iOS 7 or OS X 10.9 or earlier device that you still want to sync with.

So if that’s not the case, then you’re ok to enable iCloud Drive since it’s needed on OS X 10.10 for iCloud sync in Tap Forms to work.

I don’t have a WiFi sync solution just yet.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.