Synchronizing Problems

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Hermann
    Participant

I had Tap Forms on my iMac and Macbook, and everything was synchronizing nicely between them. I then added Tap Forms to my iPhone 6 and tried to sync, but that’s when things got crazy. I’m not sure what I did wrong, but not everything synced. For example, I have a category with all my passwords, A through Z, but it synced only the passwords N through Y (“Netflix” to “Youtube”); all the passwords from A to l (e.g., “Amazon” to “local library”) are missing from the phone version. Furthermore, some of the default categories from the iPhone seem to have been synced backward to my laptop and desktop. (I now have categories for expenses and wine collection, whereas those categories were not there before.) I’m hoping I won’t have to start from scratch and reenter all the missing data on my iPhone. Hoping someone can advise me. Thanks.

November 10, 2014 at 4:54 PM #11700

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

I would recommend using the Reset iCloud Sync function on each device, then re-enable iCloud Sync on each device. Then tap on the upload to iCloud button on ONE device only. Wait for the other devices to auto-sync. Then move on to the next device, tapping on its upload to iCloud button, then wait for the other devices to auto-sync, and so on.

Also upgrade to the 3.9.2 version which was released today. The Mac version 3.0.1 will be updated as soon as Apple reviews it.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM #11701

Frank Hermann
    Participant

Thanks, I did that and two of my devices are syncing with each other (macbook and iPhone), but neither one now is syncing with my iMac. In fact, on the iMac the other two are not even listed as registered devices. I reset and reenabled each device several times, each time with the same result. Could it have something to do with the fact that I am still using Mavericks on the iMac but Yosemite on the laptop?

November 11, 2014 at 1:56 AM #11704

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Frank,

Yes, this is the issue. Mavericks is incompatible with iCloud Drive. And as soon as you enable iCloud Drive on even one device, Apple will do a one-time, non-reversible migration of your data over to iCloud Drive. Your only solution going forward is to upgrade to Yosemite.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.