Sync/update closes form on other devices

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I am not sure if I have asked for it before. Apologize for repeating if it was the case.

I have the “problem” that sync and update closes the form on other devices.

For e.g.: I have an open child form on my Mac. I’m working on this entry. After changing a field (another form maybe) and syncing on another device, the form on my Mac closes immediately.

Isn’t it possible to do an update in the background?

Or is the only possibility to turn off automatic sync? That would not be satisfactory because if someone else is working on the database and i’ll do a sync the same “issue” occurs.

I think, this is the only big issue with TapForms, if more than one person is working on the database!

Otherwise TapForms is the best database app on the market! Certainly! ;-)

Thanks in advance!
    Chris

January 19, 2020 at 11:09 PM #39308

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

The reason for this is because when sync completes, Tap Forms is basically refreshing the entire screen, starting at the forms list. It remembers which form was selected, so it then fetches the records for the selected form. It also then remembers what the selected record is, so it refreshes the selected record. The problem is, it doesn’t remember the selected Link to Form record, so it’s refreshing to the parent record.

I’ll have to dig into that to see if I can get it to remember any selected linked records and not refresh the parent record in that case.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 19, 2020 at 11:52 PM #39309

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

thank you very much for your efforts. It would be great, if you could check this!

Thanks
    Chris

August 6, 2020 at 9:19 PM #41604

Chris Ju
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

do you have any news/plans for that topic?

Thanks
    Chris

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.