Sync Questions after latest versions not working…

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Sync Questions after latest versions not working…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi

I reset sync, unfortunately on two out of three devices I think, enabled sync and it failed to sync. I guess my syncs are now in a mess. I know I have the data up to date on my iPod, but not on my Air or iMac. I am using the latest versions but wish I had waited!
    My question is this, what steps should I take to get sync running again once Brendan has fixed it, using the data on my iPod? I don’t want to end up with the mess the Cloud made of my calendars a while back which is why I stopped using the cloud. Still like DropBox!
    Cheers
    tonyt

May 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM #9909

tonyt
    Participant

I am trying to generate a backup file on my iPod – 30 minutes later – still waiting……. help!!!

May 1, 2014 at 10:10 AM #9910

Leo
    Participant

If sync is oke?

I think these are the right steps.
    but my guess is that if the latest sync is fine there should be no problem.

create a backup from ipod.
    delete everything on every other device.
    reset sync, turn on sync on every device
    ipod could be deleted.

restore to ipod
    sync

May 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM #9912

tonyt
    Participant

How long should a 15 mef file take to backup? Is it stalling because sync is not working?

May 1, 2014 at 2:34 PM #9925

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

It shouldn’t take that long to do a backup unless iCloud is being slow in downloading files.

Do you have the same encryption key set on all of your devices? You don’t have to actually click on the Encrypt Database button, but you do have to have the same encryption key set on each device for sync to work properly.

Thanks,

May 8, 2014 at 3:07 AM #10072

Michael Kaufmann
    Participant

Hi all,

I had the same difficulty recently: iPhone and MacBook Versions of TapForms were out of sync and wouldn’t sync anymore. That happened after TapForms iOS automatically updated to version 3.8.1 on Mai 1st (I have auto-update turned on in the AppStore on iOS).

Here’s how I resolved the issue:
    1.) I entered the same encryption password in both devices (preferences > Security)
    2.) I updated TapForms on OS X to 2.2
    3.) I reset sync on both devices
    4.) I pressed sync first on the MacBook (A), then on the iPhone (B). That transferred the changes from A to B, but not vice versa.
    5.) Then I reset sync again, on both devices, and I synced in reverse order, first B then A, which transferred data from B to A.

Now, the two devices are synced and it works fine.

Best regards,
    Michael

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.