Sync problems (Mac to iPad)

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Ellen Herzfeld
    Participant

Sync problems

I am using Yosemite and iOS 8 (all in the latest versions). I managed to transfer my database from Panorama to TF with Brendan’s help (thanks).

Now, the idea is to get it to sync to my iThings (1 iPad Air 2, 1 iPad mini 2, 1 iPhone 6). I first removed (one by one …) all the forms included with TF. That already took some time. Then I set up everything to sync (Mac and iPad). Apparently, the Mac synced with iCloud Drive but much too fast to be real (the sqlite db weighs 376.8 MB). And then… all the forms reappeared on the Mac. After that, all the forms I had removed on the Mac disappeared on the iPad. At this point, I am again deleting all the forms I don’t need from the Mac. And the only one I need hasn’t appeared on the iPad.

I hope I won’t be forced to delete all these forms again when I sync with the other iPad and the iPhone…

Which I will do only if I manage to get my database to appear on the iPad.

Also, every time I click on the iCloud Synd icon and see the devices (the Mac and the iPad) and the click the upload button, the Mac icon disappears. I click on “Enable iCloud Sync” and then on the dialog to enable sync and it reappears. Till next time.

And while I was typing this, I saw (to my horror) that all the forms I deleted are back again (on the Mac). On the iPad there is only the one form I had not deleted. And my database is still nowhere to be seen on the iPad.

Am I doing something wrong?

Ellen

December 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM #12284

Ellen Herzfeld
    Participant

Followup to previous post. After all the forms reappeared on the Mac I left TF open but went to do something else altogether. And when I looked at TF again a while later, all the forms had disappeared except the one I hadn’t deleted and my personal form. Which still isn’t on the iPad. I rebooted the iPad just to see if it changed anything. It didn’t.

I must be doing something wrong…

Ellen

December 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM #12304

Ellen Herzfeld
    Participant

Again, to follow up on my previous post. I didn’t do anything else, except just forget about it for a while. And, lo and behold, at some point, much later, I saw that my database had appeared on the iPad. With all the records. That’s 12811 records. Apparently all the data is there. And it does seem to work. The other forms (the ones that come with the app) we all there too so I deleted them one by one.

So it seems that I was too impatient. But the problem is, there was nothing to tell me that I should wait and that the sync was ongoing. On the contrary, I kept getting a message saying that the sync was finished after just a second or two. Which was obviously false but I had no way of knowing that it was still working on it.

Also, it seems that I may be the only user with so many records because the field for the number of records is cut off on the left. Too many digits. Not pretty.

Next stop: learning to use the app. Unfortunately, I can’t find any documentation. I don’t have the time to search the forum for everything.

I made a change in one record on the iPad. Clicked on sync and went to the Mac to see what happened. Nothing happened. I initiated the sync by hand on the Mac. Still nothing changed on the Mac. I even quit and relaunched TF, but still nothing. I just added three words in one field, so I figure it shouldn’t take too long. Am I wrong?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.