Stop sync'ing?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Peter Ware
    Participant

I am offline, away from home/cell phone at times. I noticed this morning that TF continuously attempts to sync and won’t stop doing this. It gets really annoying fast, seeing the attempts appear in the black status line at the top of the screen. I’m not sure what it will do to battery life.

Is there any way to stop this? One attempt should be enough!

December 5, 2013 at 1:43 AM #8084

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Peter,

Whenever you click on the upload to iCloud button on another device, the devices which are waiting to auto-sync may have multiple files to sync. So it could be that it just needs to catch up until it’s done. However you can tell your iPhone not to do iCloud syncing when you’re not connected to WiFi. There’s an option for that in your Cellular settings.

December 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM #8085

Peter Ware
    Participant

I have my iPad this morning. It won’t stop trying to sync, right away on start-up. There doesn’t appear to be any way to disable this sync’ing. All is fine when it is connected in some way, but now, being on its own is annoying.

I like the sync’ing when I am online, but offline, this is a pain…

December 5, 2013 at 3:33 AM #8086

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

That’s strange. It should not be syncing when there’s no new data for it to sync. I would suggest trying to tap on the Reset iCloud Sync button to start fresh with syncing. That will clear out the folder that contains all the sync files that Tap Forms generates and processes. Then you can re-enable iCloud Sync on each of your devices.

Let me know if that stops the endless syncing for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.