Spreadsheet Style Field Hack?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

mrbill
    Participant

Howdy- I now this doesn’t exist today and is probably hard to do, but I’m looking for a behavior that is similar to the availability of a Spreadsheet style field. Ok, let me explain:

I’ve created a project management database and on one of the layouts, it would be awesome to be able to create a sortable spreadsheet style list. I’m trying to create a bug tracker, but would like it within it’s own form (hard to explain). So, if I have a form that has some other fields in it, it would be great to have a field that lets me enter data spreadsheet style and then sort that data within the field.

So, I had the idea to create a separate bug tracker form (which I did) that just has priority, title, description, class, and notes (nothing fancy). I then created a link from/to form field and put that into my project management form. BUT, the problem is it shows ALL bugs from ALL the projects. Not really ideal.

Does anyone have a hack that will let me basically embed a sortable list as a field inside a form. I know, that’s complicated and a mouthful.

Thanks!!!

June 29, 2017 at 9:42 PM #23621

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you have a Link to Form field from your Projects form to your Bugs form, then you just have to select the bugs that are relevant for the selected project. The main Bugs form will always show ALL the bugs for ALL the projects. But when you select an individual project, Tap Forms will show you only those records which you’ve linked to that form. You have to manage that yourself. When you click the checkmark button to view the list of bugs to link to the project, it’ll show you all bugs though, other than those which have already been linked.

June 30, 2017 at 3:45 PM #23625

mrbill
    Participant

Sweet! This might work well. TapForms never stops amazing me.

Many thanks!
    – Bill

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.