Sort Bug?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Ron Kihara
    Participant

I’m having problems sorting. Some entries, text and numeric, in the second sort field do not sort properly. Without experimenting it appears that this occurs for records containing the first sort field that are added later. I’ve also noticed that there is no way to clear all the search rules in “advanced sort.” One search rule always remains.

November 7, 2017 at 11:22 AM #25794

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try clicking on the refresh button at the bottom of the records list view to have Tap Forms reload and re-sort your records.

You could also temporarily change the First Sort Field to something else, then change it back to what it was. That’ll rebuild the index which should hopefully fix that problem.

Also grouping records has a part to play in sorting too. So if you hadn’t intended on grouping as well you could set that setting to Unspecified.

As for the Advanced Search, you always need at least one search rule. I’m not sure the point of having a saved search without any rules.

November 7, 2017 at 12:12 PM #25797

Ron Kihara
    Participant

The refresh worked in at least one case.

I must be missing something with advanced search. When I do a search and don’t save, I can’t return to my unfiltered data without saving a search. Fortunately, there is one column that always contains something in my file.

November 7, 2017 at 5:00 PM #25803

Brendan
    Keymaster

You don’t have to save a general search, but on the advanced search popover you have to click the Save button if you want to execute that search.

If you’re doing a general search, just click the (x) button in the Search field to return to the unfiltered list.

November 7, 2017 at 5:10 PM #25805

Ron Kihara
    Participant

I have no problems with general search, but once I save in advanced search, how do I get back to the unfiltered data without entering something that’s common across all the files and resaving in advanced search. It seems to me that there is no way back otherwise.

Sorry about my post of 12:12 PM, which is hard even for me to make sense of. Basically, I want to know how to get back to my original, unfiltered files after an advanced search. Is there a way to do that as you described for the general search, i.e, check an x to cancel?

November 7, 2017 at 9:14 PM #25810

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well, a Saved Search is a way of keeping a search around for quick access later on.

But if you just click on the main form above the Saved Search, that’ll show you all the records in that form. No need to edit the Saved Search. If you don’t want a Saved Search anymore, just right-click on it and delete it.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.