small bug report in layout

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Frank Tikket
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know that after you drag out “items and labels” into a new layout…. (and enter normal mode/exit the edit mode)

if you do any kind of zooming (either in or out) and select any box.. the BLUE highlight box gets extremely off center (almost highlights another box even).

At 100% zoom, the blue highlight box that tells you which box your currently typing in, is dead center like its supposed to.. but if you zoom in or out the problem starts and the highlighted box can be centimeters away from the box your clicked into.

See attached picture… I am clicked into the box called “contact” to type.. but the blue highlight box that tells me where I am is below a couple steps

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 3, 2015 at 10:44 AM #13927

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Ya, I’m sorry about this. I worked for a long time on trying to fix that bug. It seems to be a bug with Apple’s scrollview control which I use on that screen. The only thing I do when you select a zoom level is I set a magnification property on the scrollview and that’s what happens. I would recommend going back to 100% when you’re editing the values.

I wrote a Stack Overflow question about this requesting help, but no real answer:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27143015/nsscrollview-with-magnification-other-than-1-0-causes-nsfocusring-to-be-offset

Thanks,

Brendan

March 10, 2016 at 8:03 AM #16073

derek
    Participant

hi brendan

is there a way to turn off highlighting? I’m working mostly zoomed in, and it causes more confusion then needed.

another similar problem with layout mode, the transform handles do not scale with the zoom level, when there are a lot of elements(close together) all the (huge) handles obscure the rest of the elements that you have to guess(trial and error keyboard increments) how much to move the elements.

thanks!
    derek

March 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM #16079

Brendan
    Keymaster

In the upgrade I’m working on I’ve worked around the focus ring bug from Apple by implementing my own custom focus ring, so it will no longer display offset when zoomed in.

It’s the entire view that gets zoomed, so it does zoom in the grab handles as well unfortunately. It’s not exactly like a vector drawing program where just the vectors get enlarged when you zoom in. There are bitmap objects that get zoomed in Tap Forms too.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.