Several dates for each records

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Sandee Cohen
    Participant

Is there any way to have several dates assigned to a record using the Date field? At the moment when I add a new date, the previous date is deleted from the field?

August 15, 2019 at 10:29 PM #36339

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Sandee,

Sure. You can add as many separate Date fields to your form as you like.

Click the Form button then the Fields tab, then click the + button to add a new field. Select Date as the Field Type and give it a name.

Hopefully that’s what you’re looking for.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 16, 2019 at 8:38 AM #36341

Sandee Cohen
    Participant

Thanks Brendan,

Actually I was hoping to be able to enter several dates into the Date field similar to how I can enter several pick list values to a field. My need is to enter many dates from the clubs that I perform at. But it is cumbersome and cluttered to have to add a new field for each date. Somehow it doesn’t seem like a proper database if I have to keep adding a new field for a new date.

August 16, 2019 at 11:05 AM #36345

Brendan
    Keymaster

The alternative would be for you to use a Link to Form field or a Table field.

Perhaps just a Table field would suffice for your case.

This way you could add a Date field to your Table field and then add as many sub-records as you like. Maybe even add a separate Title or Description field to the Table field so you can describe what each Date represented.

August 17, 2019 at 5:41 AM #36353

Sandee Cohen
    Participant

I appreciate the suggestion, but I’m having trouble creating the table with a Date field. Here’s what I’ve been doing:

Create a new field and set the type to Table. Marks appear for the table.

Then, I click inside the field and set the type to Date. This erases the Table. I then have a date field but no table fields.

I was able to click to make other fields in the Table field, but none of them are Date fields.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.