Selecting multiple items to a field?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Heet
    Participant

Hello all,

I bought this app for my Mac and iDevices hoping it could cover my needs but found one functionality which does not seem to exist or not straight forward to setup. I would like to be able to add/select multiple items to a text field. Is this possible? Can someone explain how to configure this?

Thanks in advance!

May 25, 2015 at 1:11 AM #13814

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Heet,

You can do this with a Multi-select Pick List. So create a Text field, then create a Pick List and enable the multi-select feature. Now assign the pick list to your Text field and then when you edit the value of your Text field in your record, when you click on the Pick List button, you’ll be able to select more than one item. They’ll be added to your Text field in a comma delimited format.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 25, 2015 at 1:13 AM #13815

Heet
    Participant

When playing around again, I found an option to select multiple items from a pick list. Most of my form setup was done on my Mac and i do not recall seeing this before. Today, I used my iPhone and found this option easily.

For anyone else interested, at the top of the Pick List Settings, there is a slide bar to select Multi-Select.

I’m going to go back to my Mac and see if i can find the settings there.

May 25, 2015 at 1:14 AM #13816

Heet
    Participant

Wow that was a quick response! Thanks Brendan!

May 25, 2015 at 1:36 AM #13817

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Heet,

On the Mac version it’s right next to each Pick List name on the Edit Pick List screen in the Preferences window.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.