selecting and copying tables or cells in tables

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms selecting and copying tables or cells in tables

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Jo Haegeman
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Is there a way (or could you add that as a feature in a next update) to select cells from a table view from a related data field and copy paste them into word or excel?
    Example:
    – in the project form I have a table view of the team that will be the field team for that project. sometimes it’s up to 30 people.
    – I want to copy paste their names, phone numbers, task, etc into a briefing document that I made in word without having to type over all the names etc.
    I tried to do this, but it didn’t seem possible.

Thanks
    Jo

May 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM #10053

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jo,

Unfortunately I cannot enable any kind of cell selection feature in the current implementation of the tables that I’m using. I’m using Apple’s standard NSTableView for all of my tables and it only allows selecting of complete rows. However it should be possible at some point to copy entire rows into some sort of tab-delimited format on the clipboard or something. But I don’t have time to work on that specific feature at the moment.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.