Search function

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Marshall DeCouto
    Participant

First question with no experience here! I am looking into using Tap forms for a fairly simple real estate database. The answer may be self evident once I begin but I wanted to know, before starting, if I would be able to search a word or number in all of the fields that I create. In other words, can I search for all house between $100,000.00 and $300,000.00? Or can I search for all entries in the database with a pool, etc? Thanks if you can clarify this for a newbie!

February 11, 2018 at 12:49 PM #27321

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Marshall,

Yes, you can do these types of searches.

There are 2 different kinds of searches in Tap Forms.

1. Full text search where Tap Forms searches all fields for a specific term.
    2. Saved Searches which filter records to show you just those records which match the search rules you specify. The search rules target specific fields in your form.

So for your search for houses based upon a price range, you would create a Saved Search using the Price field twice. Once with a “greater than or equal to” comparison operator and the other with a “less than or equal to” comparison operator. So basically it would end being “Price >= 100000 and Price <= 300000". For the Pool entry then you might have an "Amenities" field that contains a list of amenities. Then you would use "Pool" as the search term for that field. You could either setup Checkmark fields where you check-off and on whether a property has that amenity. Or you could use a Pick List with a Text field that allows you to maintain a list of amenities. There's lots of ways to do it. Hope that helps. Thanks! Brendan

February 11, 2018 at 1:04 PM #27323

Marshall DeCouto
    Participant

Excellent! I am so happy to read that there are a few options. Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.