Scrolling within or resizing fields in iOS

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Scrolling within or resizing fields in iOS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Jeremy Yuenger
    Participant

Apologies if this has been addressed previously, I did some searching but couldn’t find any exiting topics addressing this.

I’m working with a faculty member here at my school, who uses TapForms on both of his OS X laptops and his iPad. He uses it mostly as a notekeeping app, sometimes entering paragraph-sized chunks of text into fields. With his laptops, this works fine. The fields resize to accommodate everything, and he can see all the text and scroll as needed.

The problem we’re running into is that on the iOS version, when he looks at the same data, the fields don’t seem to be resizable or scrollable. So he’s only seeing a small box with the last few words displayed when he looks at the data on his tablet. We can’t get it to scroll or resize to show the rest of the cut-off text. (Scrolling to the left makes the sidebar appear, and up/down finger gestures don’t do anything. Neither does pressing and holding, or trying to tap a corner of the field to drag and resize it.)

Is there something we’re missing to get it to show more text in a field on the iOS version?

April 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM #9672

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jeremy,

Yes, there is a setting on the iOS version called “# Lines Summary”. You can find it on the Field Properties screen for any Note field when editing a form template. Set it to 0 and it will display all lines of text available.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 9, 2014 at 1:42 PM #9673

Jeremy Yuenger
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.