scrolling field to field on iPad

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Dorothe Duschanek
    Participant

I’ve got a quite big database which I use on an iMac, iPad and iPhone. Most of the editing I do on the I Mac. It works great to have everything on an overview. On the iPad and iPhone I often use just a selection of different data which I select over the search function. Then I have a smaller list view – which is fine. Now if I want to see a certain field I need to “tap” myself through several windows to get to that certain field.
    Now: can I – instead of tapping back to the list, then to the next entry and tapping forward again to the field on this new entry – just swipe down to the same field of the next entry?
    Hope I’m making myself clear… and hope to find some suggestions!

Thanks,
    Dorothe

September 19, 2015 at 12:31 AM #14659

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dorothe,

I’m sorry but there’s no function for doing that while you’re editing a value on the iPhone version. The iPad version has arrows at the bottom of the record details view, but you have to dismiss the keyboard to see them.

On the iPhone version you can swipe left and right to navigate records, but not while you’re editing the value of a field.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 22, 2015 at 10:05 AM #14676

Dorothe Duschanek
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

well, I was not meaning to edit on the iPad… I try to explain a bit mor in detail:

I got a database with lots of songs
    on the Mac I do the editing.
    First I got the list view – click on a song or add a new song
    > second I get the form to edit: song title, text, chords, etc
    thirdly I select a few songs that I will use and have a smaller list with those songs in the right order (I do a search)

on the iPad/iPhone
    I go to the smaller list
    I see the songs I need in the right order
    I click on the first song, get the > for the different fields
    I go to the “text” field and have the words ready to use

Now when I want the text field for the second song on that list, I need to click all the way back to the first list
    and then click forward on the second song to the text again etc.
    That is the part I’d like to avoid.

Is it possible to go with an up-swipe just from text field on song 1 to text field of song 2 in the order of the list?
    Or is it possible to get the feature in the near future?

Hope that is clearer…

Thanks,

Dorothe

September 23, 2015 at 1:48 AM #14681

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dorothe,

That’s not a feature that is in Tap Forms. Thanks for the feature request though.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.