Script on a Field

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Bernie McGuire
    Participant

Hello All. Im new to Tap Forms but am an experienced software developer. I can not get a script attached to a fied to execute. I put the same script at the form level and it executes perfectly when I click ‘run script’ Im using iOS on iPhone 13 latest OS and V5 of Tap Forms
    Simple Form
    Field1 Text
    Fiedl2 number
    Total1 -Script field
    Total2 Number (to hold the calculated total)

I have the script attached to Total1.
    Basically gets the Field ID of Field2 (using the getID from the field list dialogue), does a var total = form.getTotalAllFields(field2_id) ,
    does, setFieldValud(total2_id,total), I have both form.saveAllChanges and document.saveAllChanges. I also return total from the function.
    As I mention this script runs perfect from the form object.

I know there is a simple answer but I can not figure it out. I have tried all the suggestions I have found but none are working for me.
    Thanks for any help.

March 15, 2022 at 8:00 PM #46984

Daniel Leu
    Participant

It looks like your script is not triggered. This might be due to using field.getId(). I would try this: in the script editor, click on the icon between ‘fx’ and ‘ABC’, select field_id, then click on your variable. This will provide you with the id definition that Tf uses to determine when to trigger a field script.

Hope this helps!

March 15, 2022 at 9:09 PM #46985

Bernie McGuire
    Participant

Hello, Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is the field_id I am using. I didn’t explain it too well but yes, I have the long unique identifer as the field id in a var created like you suggest.

Anything else I can try ?

March 15, 2022 at 9:26 PM #46986

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Maybe sharing your script?

March 15, 2022 at 9:33 PM #46987

Bernie McGuire
    Participant

My script.
    function Total1() {

var field2_id = ‘fld-1e5045dd497f4359a0a98b5bbc010059’;

var total = form.getTotalOfField(field2_id);
    var total2_id = ‘fld-737e46579abc42b0a42dafb6f06b0bf8’;
    record.setFieldValue(total2_id,total);;
    form.saveAllChanges();
    document.saveAllChanges();
    return total;

}

Total1();

March 15, 2022 at 11:07 PM #46988

Daniel Leu
    Participant

I added a dummy var number = record.getFieldValue(field2_id); and now the field script gets executed upon a value change.

March 16, 2022 at 9:48 AM #46990

Bernie McGuire
    Participant

Perfect!! Works great. I’m sure I don’t need both the saveAllChanges. I’ll remove one. Thanks again

March 16, 2022 at 1:52 PM #46991

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Great! Yes, one saveAllChanges() is sufficient. It doesn’t matter which one you use.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.