Same form simultaneously on 2 iPhones : team work

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Same form simultaneously on 2 iPhones : team work

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

David Rose
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m an MD.
    I meet patients and note some infos about their case in tap form.
    I’d like to share these infos with my colleagues and I’d like them to be able to modify the infos if needed.
    How can I do that?
    Thanks for your help.

December 19, 2013 at 1:32 PM #8336

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

The only way this would work is if you both have the same iCloud Apple ID. But that’s probably not feasible for you. One other option is to email the records to your colleagues and they can import them. If you enable the Export Record IDs option then if they import those and then make changes to the records and email them back to you, if they also have the Export Record IDs option turned on, then your copy of Tap Forms will perform an update on any of the field values that changed. That’s also assuming they don’t rename any of the fields in the form.

You should also start by sending them the form template so that Tap Forms has the same form structure and internal IDs on their devices as you do.

Tap Forms was designed as a single-user personal database, so proper multi-user database access and sharing wasn’t really designed into the programming.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.