Request – make notes field longer

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

JohnElliott
    Participant

I have recipie forms that include a notes field for ingredients. Currently, only the first five lines of the notes field is shown, but there are usually more than five ingredients. The only way to see them is to go into edit mode. This prevents using the feature to make the form read only.

Could you display the entire length on the notes field?

April 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM #5165

Robert
    Participant

Perhaps an option could be added to set the maximum number of lines displayed, the default would be five which appears to be the current number. You could then set 0 to be no limit to the lines displayed, or set a number from 1 upwards. Not sure if there is a practical limit on what can be displayed on the form.

May 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM #5195

dcwebman
    Participant

I definitely agree with this. Upon first use in my custom form, I discovered the single line was cut off after typing too much so had to resort to Notes format in order to see more lines, but then found that too was cut off eventually. When I’m filling out my form which is used to ask questions to people, I need to see everything I have filled out instead of going in and out of fields to determine if I have asked everything I need to. I can deal with making most of the single line text fields Notes fields, but need to be able to see all the text in the Notes fields. Thanks!

May 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM #5196

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’ve added the ability to specify the number of lines you would like to see on the record details screen for a Note field. It’ll be available in the next update. No, I don’t know when that’ll be. But the code is done for that feature :-)

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.