Removing Older Tap Forms App Versions

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I discovered that I have three different versions of Tap Forms while cleaning up my iMac, which had been crashing daily since August. Will I experience any problems if I remove the “Tap Forms.app” and “Tap Forms Mac.app” (both 3.5.19) from my computer? (This is following the wise advice of “Look before you leap”.)

I am guessing “no”, but would really appreciate confirmation. The crashes seem to be related to Adobe, but it’s probably a good idea to have fewer programs on my old iMac, especially if they are redundant.
    Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Kimberley

October 28, 2022 at 10:54 AM #48151

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kimberly,

Go ahead and delete those versions. They don’t reference the Tap Forms 5 databases at all. So if you’re not using the old version, then it’s safe to delete them.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 28, 2022 at 11:44 AM #48154

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.
    Have a good weekend!

October 28, 2022 at 10:43 PM #48155

Applemagic
    Participant

Hi
    I’m not sure where I would ask this, but I have a problem with my app after updating my iPhone 14pro to iOS 16.1 if I open a form and try to write something in a text box the app crashes directly? I went in AppStore and there was some upgrade bundle that called tapforms Organizer 5 database and thinking that was an upgrade but that just seems to be a different app!??? So the problem was still there.

My Version is 4.0.9 (399)

October 29, 2022 at 11:05 PM #48156

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Applemagic,

The upgrade bundle is what you want to use to upgrade to Tap Forms 5.

This is a known issue with the old version of Tap Forms and iOS 16.

Tap Forms 5 does not have this crashing issue with Note fields. There’s a Migrate function on the Upgrade to Tap Forms 5 function on the Tools screen. It will make a backup file and then transfer that backup to Tap Forms 5. From Tap Forms 5 you can run the migration function to convert the database to the new version format.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.