Reminders for birthdays

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

Is there a way to set a reminder so that all my records whose birthday fall on today will alert me? Each record has a date field called Birthdays. I would like to get these reminders so that I can congratulate them on the day. Thanks!

February 21, 2022 at 2:04 AM #46809

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lorenz,

If you switch your Date field to a Date & Time field, then you can use the Add to Reminders button to add a reminder to the standard Apple Reminders app.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 21, 2022 at 5:48 AM #46811

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

Thanks Brendan for your speedy help. As I have 3,000 records is there a way to batch-add to Reminders? Alternatively, can I create a saved search that would extricate the day and month from the birthday field, so that I can see a list of April birthdays sorted chronologically? Or do I have to manually populate a new field called month and a field called year to accomplish this search? Thank you!

February 22, 2022 at 1:17 AM #46824

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lorenz,

You would probably want to write a Form Script to add the reminders. There’s a function for adding to reminders available in the Script engine.

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/javascript-api

You can create a Saved Search that just searches on the months. You just need to be able to extract the month name from the birthdate field.

Add a Calculation field with the following formula:

DATE(Birth Date; "MMM")

Insert the field into the formula properly. Don’t just type the name. On macOS you would double-click on the field name on the formula edit screen. On iOS, surround the field name with square brackets (e.g. DATE([Birth Date]; "MMM") ).

Now you can create Saved Searches that just looks for the month name and it wouldn’t matter what the year and day was.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Brendan.
    February 22, 2022 at 5:37 AM #46826

Lorenz Ehrsam
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, as always very helpful and timely. Best, Lorenz

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.