Records Suddenly Locking/Can't Make Changes

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Records Suddenly Locking/Can't Make Changes

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Paula Breger
    Participant

Hi —

I’ve been using Tap Forms for several years now, primarily to keep track of bills and medical visits/charges. Earlier this week, I suddenly discovered that I wasn’t able to make changes in earlier records. (For example, I found some records from early 2018 which said “2017” and I wanted to change the date. I also often Duplicate an existing record (for a monthly bill, say) and make the appropriate changes). Now I can’t edit anything. Occasionally (but by no means regularly), a calendar-picker will pop up and I can use that. But it’s not often enough to be useful and doesn’t help with other fields that seem to be locked.

I am running Tap Forms 5.3.4 (Build 1807) on a MacBook Pro 2016 running OS X Mojave (10.14.1).

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Paula

December 1, 2018 at 11:43 AM #32308

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paula,

Hmm… I’m not sure why that would be happening.

I know there’s currently an issue with the Duplicate Record command. If you use that, try clicking on the Refresh button at the bottom of the records list. Then Tap Forms will have the duplicated record in the right place. At the moment it’s possible that after you duplicate a record, the record that’s selected is not actually the copy.

Also if you see an Edit button at the bottom-right of the record details view, click on that and then see if you can edit your record. If that’s the case, you can change the behaviour so that’s not needed by going to the Preferences window and turning off the “Show Edit/Save Button” option.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 2, 2018 at 7:43 AM #32343

Paula Breger
    Participant

Hi Brendan —

It was the Edit button. I don’t remember seeing that before, so maybe I accidentally turned on its functionality when I did the last update. Once I turned it off in Preferences and restarted Tap Forms, the normal behavior returned.

Thanks!
    Paula

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.