Records sort by day

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

meh1965
    Participant

I have made a database for a menu that changes every week. It contains seven records Sunday-Saturday. I want the records to be sorted by day. So record 1one is Sunday, record two is Monday, record three is Tuesday aso. How can I make this happen? The records are now sorted alphabetically (Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday).

I can add a number field (1 = Sunday, 2= Monday, 3 = Tuesday aso) and sort the records by the number field but I am wondering if I can sort the records the way I want without the number field added.

Thanks in advance.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by meh1965.
    April 3, 2023 at 3:34 PM #49272

Brendan
    Keymaster

Probably the Number field is the easiest way to handle this for you.

But if you added a Date field, you could then add a Calculation field to that which extracts out the Day of the week to display from the Date field. Then sort on the Date field. So your records would get sorted chronologically by date, but the display could be the day of the week using the formula in the Calculation field.

For example:

DATE([Date Field]; "EEEE")

So now drag that calculation field up to the top of your fields in your Form. Then set the First Sort Field to your Date field.

You could hide the section headers because Tap Forms will automatically group records by Month and Year when the First Sort Field is set to a Date field type.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 5, 2023 at 4:09 AM #49293

meh1965
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.