Record column on the left

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

Still exploring TapForm. I did an import from Bento and I get a record column on the left that displays the creation and modification dates for each record. This doesn’t provide much value. I see that other form examples (like “My movie library”) allow the display of other fields (like movie title and author). How can I select the entries I would like to display in the left column?

Thanks!

March 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM #9273

Ah, found it! We can manage it with the EDIT button on the bottom left. Sorry for the inconvenience.

March 3, 2014 at 10:38 PM #9275

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jean-François,

No apologies necessary. I’m glad you figured it out.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM #9541

Patrice Hof
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    I’m a fresh new Tap Forms user, and I’m facing difficulties with the Form Edit Panel.
    I can’t freely change the sorting keys and display the wished fields in the record column on the left.
    As Jean-François, I imported a Bento DB and I can’t display other fields than creation and modification dates.
    Even with your example form, impossible to change the displayed fields.

The screen shot shows some other bugs:
    Fields to include: 2-3-4-5-5 instead of 1-2-3-4-5 ?
    The 4th and 5th fields don’t display correctly and can’t be specified.
    And my sorting choices don’t appear in the main screen…

As a new user, have I missed something?
    Thanks for your help and thanks for the promising alternative to Bento.
    Patrice

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 28, 2014 at 2:44 AM #9543

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Patrice,

My apologies for these bugs. It happens only when you’re running in French. Can you temporarily switch to English to see if you are able to make it work properly for you?

I have corrected these issues for the next update. Although I’m not sure what you mean by you are unable to display fields other than creation and modification dates. Did you click on the Field Properties tab and try to move the fields around there?

Thanks,

Brendan

March 28, 2014 at 3:07 AM #9544

Patrice Hof
    Participant

Ok, I’ve switched to English.
    And I try to be clearer!

In the single column view, how to choose the fields to be displayed in the record list. For example, I want to display the movie title and the rating, instead of the title and the actor. I guess the Sort & Group Settings in the Edit form panel is not the right way…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 28, 2014 at 3:45 AM #9546

Patrice Hof
    Participant

OK, I found it!!!!
    I have to rearrange the fields in the fields properties, and the first fields are the displayed fields.

I go on with the discover of Tap Forms…

March 28, 2014 at 3:35 PM #9547

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Patrice,

Ah, yes. The Field Properties tab lets you rearrange the fields up and down which will affect which fields get displayed first in the list views.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.