"Reader" application

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Justin Allen
    Participant

I am wondering if you have plans to create a “reader” application for deployment of databases that are built by others. I have several databases that I am working on that would benefit on being viewed by others. They would not have the technical knowledge or interest in using the existing iOS option. Thanks for thinking about this.

October 30, 2018 at 9:24 PM #31504

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Justin,

I’ve been asked about that before, but I’ve always felt that it would reduce the number of copies of Tap Forms I’m able to sell. So I’ve not built a read-only version of Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

October 31, 2018 at 10:14 AM #31520

Justin Allen
    Participant

I understand that point. You could always think about making a “developer” version with a reader attached. In my case there are not that many options for delivering data to the Apple Watch which is what drove me to TapForms. I can see the option of making what I am working on available to all of my staff…at least those that have Apple watches. I can also see the option of a “reader” app being available for a few dollars however I would hate to add that as a barrier to entry for the staff. I do not see them buying the iOS version just to view things however. Too much complexity for them to deal with.

October 31, 2018 at 11:04 AM #31523

Brendan
    Keymaster

The issue would be the complexity and time involved in building a developer version with a separate reader application whose sole purpose from my perspective is to help me to sell fewer copies of the full version of Tap Forms. That’s why it would be a very difficult decision for me to go down that path. I totally understand and appreciate your desire to have that from your perspective though.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.