Randomness in adding rows to tables

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

JBB
    Participant

Using the check button to add another record by reference, or the “+” button, sometimes adds the record above the current record, and sometimes below. Doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason. Since the records cannot be reordered, consistent behavior would be better.

June 16, 2018 at 11:53 AM #29119

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, I’ve seen that too. It is annoying. The problem is that there’s no way to sort the empty values in newly created records there and because Tap Forms sorts the table when you add a new record, it just puts the cursor wherever the database had returned the new record after it sorted it. I suppose one way to work around it would be to automatically sort based on the date created. Or just don’t sort the table at all when you add a new record to it. I’ll have to look into that more closely.

April 17, 2020 at 3:35 PM #40350

Ryan Tucker
    Participant

Yes this needs some attention. If it were possible to simply reorder the tables as needed this would be great. I’m finding for my purposed tables are essentially useless due to not being able to order them how I need to.

April 17, 2020 at 3:45 PM #40351

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Perhaps an option to internally store a record ordering offset and ability to sort by that ordering ID with drag and drop to re-order. Date created works if you create in the right ordering from scratch but sometimes with a table you might want to add something in the middle as we’ve seen elsewhere on thee forum.

April 17, 2020 at 3:51 PM #40352

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

As an aside, a solution I’ve posted elsewhere is to use a link to form field with a second form which will give you the table interaction style still and the ability to add in your own sort field. It does require some scripting, it isn’t entirely bulletproof but it does generally work.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.