Questions and wishes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Your program looks like a winner in my quest for a high function PIM for the iPhone/iTouch world. I’m a long time user of HandyShopper (Palm and then MS Mobile universes) which, as its name suggests, was written for grocery shopping, yet it functions quite well for other database/info management needs. If you haven’t checked it out, you might find it to be a great opportunity as it is a freebie and is quite flexible, and most of its elements would surely have an obvious place within your app.

in HandyShopper I find that the info I manage in HandyShopper is lists of more layered data that appear on these lists in long-form as check boxes with many check box records spanning multiple pages, and this is very, very useful. Seeing and being able to choose/edit from those individual records is critical; an analogy would be that it is like peering into a file drawer and being able to see the whole drawerful of records, while also being able to peer at individual record pages in that drawer, and lastly being able to edit any of those records. Many of the PIM’s only allow 1 record to be seen at once, kinda like cover-flow. So far, I can’t tell how TapForms will appear.

I’m not clear if it is possible to create categories and subcategories within a record type / template. For example, again on the grocery list example, the template/database would be “grocery list;” the individual stores, the “aisles” or “departments,” and the actual product would be a subcategory of those. Given this, how can we make records that are sortable in this hierarchy?

Being able to arrange the layout of multiple data fields within a record, some of which onto a single line, a la Bento, would be visually effective and spatially efficient.

Having control of the graphic attributes of the records and forms would be great. This would be the colors and sizes of the fonts, backgrounds, boldness, pickbox/radio boxes and buttons.

Being able to grab/sort for multiple fields would be stellar. This includes being able to sort for checkboxes (checked versus unchecked (i.e., needed vs. unneeded items)), and then to be able to uncheck those boxes.

How can we produce printable “reports” of a data sort? A hardcopy grocery list for example.

I’m looking forward to putting this app to work!

July 25, 2010 at 7:40 PM #4153

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello bpotts,

Tap Forms provides the ability to group your records by a specific field. Plus you can sort them ascending or descending by the grouped value and also within the grouping there are 3 levels of sorting you can do. You can sort or group by checkmark fields too.

For any sort of printing, you’ll have to export or email your records to your desktop and print from there.

Access to further customizing the layouts would be a good feature, but isn’t yet on my to-do list. But I’ll take note of it in my list of feature requests. You can adjust some of the fonts and sizes of the fonts by using the Font Settings function on the Tools tab.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM #5881

Marcelo
    Participant

Hi Brendan, when I modify font size this only affect the screen font but the printed font remains too big for my forms. How can I change the printed font size (excuses for my english)

January 26, 2013 at 2:52 AM #5884

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Marcelo,

There’s no function for adjusting the font size of the printed or emailed output at the moment. But I’ll take this post as a request for that feature.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.