Projects template showing relationships to other forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Tap Forms Template Exchange Projects template showing relationships to other forms

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is a Projects template made on Tap Forms 5 that shows relationships between different forms.

This file contains the following forms:

• Projects
    • To Do
    • Team Members
    • Clients
    • Client Call Log
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 21, 2016 at 5:07 PM #19732

demonkiwi
    Participant

Thanks for that!
    A good way to get a better handle on linking
    cheers
    Peter

September 27, 2016 at 2:09 PM #19822

Scott Goodson
    Participant

Thanks very much for the template, I’ve been struggling with the many to many relationships in TF5.

That said, even with these examples, I have to admit I’m still somewhat struggling. For example, I opened the Client form and created a couple of clients. I then went to the project form, created a new project, tapped on client and it comes back with a no records msg. Though there are clients in the clients form. The same is true for team members. If I add team members in the team members form, then open an existing project for example, tap on the team members I get the same result, no records. The one to many relationships on the other hand are working just fine.

I’m using the latest version of TF5 on an ipad.

Is there a certain process in getting the many to many relationship to work, or have I hit a bug, or perhaps just don’t understand what the many to many relationship really is ?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

September 27, 2016 at 7:40 PM #19825

Brendan
    Keymaster

For a many-to-many relationship you can click on the checkmark button to select from the list of child records to link to. The checkmark button is at the top-right of the view when you’ve tapped on the many-to-many relationship field.

September 29, 2016 at 11:49 AM #19851

Scott Goodson
    Participant

Thanks Brendan and sorry for the “newbie” type question!

October 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM #20045

Richard Shearwood
    Participant

Is it possible to do a lookup function to another form that returns a value, rather than showing the form itself? This would be analogous to the HLOOKUP and VLOOKUP functions in Excel, or a join function in SQL.

Assuming this can be managed would it be possible to export all the records for a specific lookup value, or perform summary operations on them e.g. showing total hours for a project code, possibly also selecting or summarising by month (for a time tracking database).

Or do I need to think about an actual database for this sort of thing?

August 6, 2017 at 12:33 PM #23919

Simon Smailus
    Participant

How do I open this in version 5?

August 8, 2017 at 10:33 AM #23940

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Simon,

Use the Import Form Template command in a new or existing Tap Forms document.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.