Product Price List

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

DavidR
    Participant

I want to create a form which links to a product list form and a customer price list form so that I when I input the customers name say from a pick list the form will show the products ordered by that customer and the unique price for the same customer?

I can’t get my head around what to do or even if this is possible within tap forms. Could I have an idiots step by step guide please?

Thanks

January 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM #8631

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi David,

You would need to use a Link to Form field that connects from your Customer form to your Products form. You should set the Link Type to be Many to Many. That way when you’re viewing a Customer record in your Customers form, you’ll be able to pick from a list of Products from your Products form. However, you won’t be able to specify different prices for different customers doing it that way. Because when you link to a Product, you’re just connecting to a Product record that already exists as is.

I have some documentation on my online documentation site which tells you how to link forms together:

http://www.manula.com/manuals/tap-zapp/tap-forms-mac/2.0/en/topic/relationships

The documentation runs through a couple of examples of how to establish both a one-to-many and a many-to-many relationship.

Let me know if you need further details.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.