Problems related to screen refresh / logout – in

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Problems related to screen refresh / logout – in

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Thks Brendan
    Just a thought….
    Many of my problems seem to be resolved by the above. If I edit an entry it remains in its sorted place. Its only when I quit the app or restart that the sorting shows up. Is there anyway you could sort out ‘on the fly’ reordering following record update?
    Cheers
    tonyt

December 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM #8521

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

If you switch from one form to another, Tap Forms will re-sort the list. You don’t have to quit the app.

However, I just experimented with re-sorting after every field update, but the problem with that I find is that if you have a lot of records, it could take a few seconds to reload all the rows. For example, I have a form with 12,951 rows in it that takes about 3-4 seconds to load when I tab away to another field after I’ve made a change. For smaller forms it re-sorts virtually instantaneously, but I have a fast MacBook Pro with an SSD drive, so I’m not sure what it’ll be like on slower machines.

One option would be to have a reload button. But you can achieve the same effect by clicking on another form and clicking back.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.