Possible to create a Button to open a URL

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Possible to create a Button to open a URL

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

captain
    Participant

Hi there, been a very satisfied user of TapForms so far, brilliant stuff, allowed me to organise my repair-business fantastically.

I have created a good database that allows me to store customer’s details and the machines’ details they hand in for repair.
    I work a lot with serial numbers of computers, and it would be very nice if I could create a button that opens up a script (that, in turn runs a certain URL to do a lookup on a serialnumber).

Is there a way to achieve this?

So basically, I would like to have a button that takes a value from a Field (‘serialnumber’), and uses that value to run a script.

much obliged

December 21, 2017 at 5:44 PM #26695

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well, there’s no scripting functionality in Tap Forms right now, but you can add a Website field to any form and there’s a button there which will open the URL when you click on it.

And if you put a field name within square brackets, Tap Forms will substitute that value into the URL.

So you could create a Website field that has a Default Value set to something like:

http://www.somewebsite.com/someaction/[Serial Number]

Then when you click on the website button next to the Website field, Tap Forms will substitute the value from the Serial Number field. So that’s a way of having a dynamically generated URL.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks!

Brendan

December 21, 2017 at 5:46 PM #26696

captain
    Participant

Ah Right, Doh.! Thanks a million! That’s exactly what I needed!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.